Fiintele umane cele mai fericite nu poseda mare lucru, ele sunt. G. Mallasz

All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

There was a time when I prayed to Jesus Christ.






sâmbătă, 6 martie 2010

Mitul succesului individual

„Lots of people who are smart and work hard and play by the rules don’t have a fraction of what I have. I realize I don’t have my wealth because I’m so brilliant. Luck has a lot to do with it.”
Eric Schmidt
„Most wealth comes out of the commons and individuals add a little bit on top of that. But because of the way capitalism is set up, for adding that little bit, you get to grab an enormous share of what comes out of the commons.”
Petern Barnes

„My wealth is not only a product of my own hard work. It also resulted from a strong economy and lots of public investment, both in others and in me. I received a good public school education, and used free libraries and museums paid for by others. I went to college under the GI Bill. I went to graduate school to study computers and language on a complete government scholarship, paid for by others..." Martin Rothenberg

„This individual success myth overlooked a number of key social and environmental factors. One was location. No matter what personal qualities someone had, if they didn’t live in a booming commercial center like New York City, Boston or Philadelphia, or an ascendant industrial town like Lawrence, Lowell or Rochester, they didn’t become rich.”

„I personally think that society is responsible for a very significant percentage of what I’ve earned. If you stick me down in the middle of Bangladesh or Peru or someplace, you’ll find out how much this talent is going to produce in the wrong kind of soil. I will be struggling 30 years later. I work in a market system that happens to reward what I do very well – disproportionately well. (...)
If you’re a marvelous teacher, this world won’t pay a lot for it. If you are a terrific nurse, this world will not pay a lot for it...I do think that when you’re treated enormously well by this market system...[..]...I think society has a big claim on that.”
Warren Buffet


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu